Rowing British Columbia Fee Structure
- Regatta Participant fees – $4 participant/day (2018-2019)
- Organization Membership Fees – $100 (2018-2019)
- Sport Rower Fees – $10 (2018-2019)
- Competitive Rower Fees – $20 (2018-2019)
On April 1, 2018, Rowing Canada Aviron (RCA) eliminated Sport and Competitive membership categories, replacing them with a single membership fee. RCA also initiated a per seat race participation fee at RCA sanctioned events. More information on the changes to the RCA membership model is available here.
Rowing BC has decided to maintain its current membership model with both Sport and Competitive categories. Once more data is collected on RCA’s new membership model, Rowing BC will revisit this decision.
Changes to Registration and Invoicing:
Rowing BC will provide club administrators with support adopting RCA’s new membership model as needed. There were two registration and invoicing changes that took effect on April 1, 2018 for BC based rowing organizations due to the implementation of the new RCA membership model:
- RegattaCentral will not differentiate between Rowing BC Sport and Competitive memberships, therefore either category will be able to register for races. Administrators at each rowing organization are expected to register participants in the correct BC membership category – Sport or Competitive – in advance of registering for competitions. In instances where this is not followed and Sport Members compete, Rowing BC will invoice the $10 difference between membership categories after the event; and
- The RCA per seat regatta fee will be processed during race registration through RegattaCentral.
RCA membership and per seat fees were announced at the RCA Semi-Annual Meeting in January 2018. Rowing BC fees were announced at the Rowing BC AGM in November 2017.