One of the outcomes of the work completed by a review of the Rowing BC Awards was the recommendation that Rowing BC create a committee responsible for 1) developing an Awards and Recognition strategy that would guide the committee in 2) facilitating Awards and Recognition initiatives relevant to rowing in BC.
The Terms of Reference for the new Rowing BC Awards and Recognition Committee found online outline the specific responsibilities. This is an operational committee and as described in the “Meetings” section of the Terms of Reference, we expect the committee will meet a minimum 4 times a year. Additional meetings may be required as determined by the committee.
The Rowing BC Board of Directors is seeking applications from individuals of varying experience that when combined, will create a committee that has the following:
- Experience developing strategy and long-term initiatives
- Experience completing and submitting applications to awards programs
- Recent involvement within the BC rowing community
- Knowledge of accomplishments of individuals within the BC rowing community
- Excellent administrative skills
- Your experience in the area(s) outlined in the list above
- How you can contribute and why you want to be on this committee
The Rowing BC Board of Directors will review all applications and will select the individuals to the Awards and Recognition Committee in the Fall of 2017.
If you have any questions about this initiative, please contact Jennifer Fitzpatrick and/or Susan Wilkinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly.