During the 2017 RCA National Rowing Championships and Canada Cup Regattas, links to results will be made available here.
The 2017 RCA National Rowing Championships and Canada Cup Regattas will take place at Burnaby Lake in Burnaby, BC. Schedules of the daily events are available here.
RCA 25th Anniversary Celebrations of the 1992 Canadian Olympic Rowing Team
In 1992, the Canadian Olympic Rowing team achieved a high water haul of medals, winning 4 gold and a bronze at the Barcelona Olympics. Members of the 1992 Olympic Medal winning crews, as well as members in the Coaches and Builder categories will be inducted into the Canadian Rowing Hall of Fame on Friday, November 10th at the Vancouver Rowing Club.
The 25th anniversary celebrations will continue on Saturday November 11th, in conjunction with National Rowing Championships, following the end of racing at 12 noon.
Friday November 10th, 2017
Canadian Rowing Hall of Fame Reception
Induction of 1992 Olympic Medal winning crews
Vancouver Rowing Club
Hall of Fame Inductees:
- 1992 Men’s Coxed Eights – Gold Medal (John Wallace, Bruce Robertson, Michael Forgeron, Darren Barber, Robert Marland, Michael Rascher, Andy Crosby, Derek Porter, Terrance Paul)
- 1992 Women’s Single Sculls – Bronze Medal (Silken Laumann)
- 1992 Women’s Coxless Pairs – Gold Medal (Marnie McBean, Kathleen Heddle)
- 1992 Women’s Coxless Fours – Gold Medal (Kirsten Barnes, Brenda Taylor, Jessica Monroe, Kay Worthington, *Jennifer Walinga)
*A day before Olympic competition, Jennifer Walinga was forced to withdraw due to injury. Brenda Taylor donated her medal to Walinga to recognize that she was an essential part of the success of the team.
- 1992 Women’s Coxed Eights – Gold Medal (Kirsten Barnes, Brenda Taylor, Megan Delehanty, Shannon Crawford, Marnie McBean, Kay Worthington, Jessica Monroe, Kathleen Heddle, Lesley Thompson-Willie, *Jennifer Walinga)
*A day before Olympic competition, Jennifer Walinga was forced to withdraw due to injury.
- Coaches: Mike Spracklen, Al Morrow
- Builders: Peter Copland, Doug Hamilton
Parking is available in the field lot. Please note there will be no spectator parking available at the Burnaby Lake Rowing Pavilion. Walking from the field lot to the pavilion takes about 10 min. A tented spectator viewing area is available near the finish line, with some additional indoor seating available in the pavilion.
You don’t have to be a rower or coach to volunteer! There are a variety of positions available – there’s definitely one that would suit you! Find out more and sign up here.
Athlete Awards Banquet – presented by Jonker Auto Group
Find out more about the Athlete Awards Banquet and purchase tickets here.
Get involved by making a donation
To learn more about how your donation will positively impact athletes from across Canada, view the donation information here.
*New this year!* Event Shirts for Sale
An event shirt has been created for the 2017 RCA National Rowing Championships and Canada Cup Regattas. If you or your coach, parents, friends would like one, place an order here by October 24th. There will be no on-site sales available, so be sure not to miss the deadline!