Contact InformationContact Susan Nicholls
: Delta, British Columbia, Canada
More InformationDelta Deas Rowing Club is currently applications for Assistant Masters Coach . The Assistant Coach will be an energetic, enthusiastic and well-organized individual responsible for working with the Head Coach, Club Captain, and the Board of Directors in running the Masters Rowing Program at DDRC.
Responsibilities will include:
• Coaching Competitive and Recreational Masters Rowing sessions as directed by the Head Coach.
• Assisting with the design and implementation of DDRC training programs
• Assisting with the creation and implementation of a training program to assure rower competency and safety on and off the water as directed by the Head Coach and/or Club Captain.
• Assisting as requested with club regatta planning and implementation.
• Ensuring all club policies and safety protocols are followed and enforced within the club’s programs, to include care of equipment.
• In coordination with Head Coach, maintaining a strong relationship with Masters Director through email and in-person communication.
• Encouraging inclusiveness across all levels of rowers by assisting Head Coach in monitoring rowers’ progress and providing meaningful feedback.
• Competitive rowing background.
• Experience coaching in a club or school program setting, with preference to experience with Long Term Athlete Development Learn to Train through late Train to Train stages.
• Learn to Row Instructor-trained with intent to certify. Preference will be given to RCA Coach in Training or intent to pursue.
• Excellent leadership, teaching, and communication skills (both oral and written), as well as the ability to work as a team with the Head Coach, Club Captain, and Executive Board.
• A valid Canadian Drivers’ licence and Pleasure Craft Operators Card, and experience working with outboard motors. Ability to drive trailer to regattas a plus.
• Standard First Aid and CPR C Certification.
• Basic knowledge of boat repairs an asset.
• Local police background check to be initiated at appointment.
• For foreign applicants, the legal right to work in Canada must be obtained prior to entering Canada.
This position reports directly to the Head Coach and Board of Directors, and works in collaboration with the Club Captain.
Minimum 6 hours per week in the winter, expanding during racing season. Salary will be commensurate with experience and RCA qualifications. Desired start date would be June 1.
*Potential to expand coaching duties into DDRC’s Competitive Masters and/or Juniors program if desired.
Interested candidates may request a complete job description and/or forward cover letter which includes individual’s coaching philosophy, references, and resume detailing how you meet the qualifications by email to:
Susan Nicholls, President, Delta Deas Rowing Club
This Ad has been viewed 16 times.