Contact InformationContact Sonja Lonne
More InformationPosition: 2018 Rowing BC Summer Student
Term: Contract, 37.5 hours/week
Location: Richmond, BC
Start Date: June 7, 2018
Application Deadline: May 27, 2018
Reports to: Rowing BC Programs and Communications Coordinator
Rowing British Columbia is the governing body for the sport of rowing in BC. In support of the operations of the society, we are seeking 2 qualified summer students to assist with key initiatives.
Rowing BC has the mandate to Expand the Sport of Rowing in BC. In October 2018 Sidney, BC will host the FISA World Rowing Coastal Championships. With this exciting opportunity on the horizon, this summer Rowing BC is looking for 2 capable summer students to design and implement an engagement program to support the growth and exposure to all British Columbians of rowing’s expanding discipline of Coastal Rowing.
Travel will be required.
Other responsibilities will include supporting Rowing BC staff in other internal and program area priorities.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills;
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
● Familiarity with social media and website management;
● Highly organized with a superior attention to detail;
● Outgoing and approachable to strangers;
● Ability to drive a rowing truck towing a trailer; and
● Ability to maintain confidentiality.
● Marketing background is an asset;
● Sport program development background is an asset;
● RCA Learn-to-Row Coach Trained and Certified; and
● RCA Weekend 1 and 2 Trained and Certified is an asset.
Applicants must be between the ages of 15-30 and have just completed a year of full-time studies with the intention to return to full-time studies in September 2018.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Sonja Lonne electronically via firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm on Sunday, May 27, 2018.
This Ad has been viewed 50 times.