More InformationBackground: The Lillooet Rowing Club, founded in 2017, is a newly formed not-for-profit sports organization based out of beautiful Lillooet, B.C. Comprised of a volunteer board of directors, paid and volunteer coaches, the LRC currently provides Learn to Row (LTR) and recreational programs to members of the community. In the immediate future, the LRC will be looking to expand its programs being offered to include a junior recreational and competitive program, in partnership with Lillooet Secondary School.
Overview: As a summer assistant coach, you will play an important role in helping to run and grow the rowing programs the LRC currently offers while having the chance to work and live in one of the most beautiful places in British Columbia. You will provide instruction to LTR programs, recreational programs, and help develop and coach local high school students as part of their curriculum. You will be responsible for upholding a safe practice environment while facilitating technical improvements in rowers. The ultimate goal will be to help rowers cultivate a genuine enjoyment for the sport of rowing; encouraging them to continue participation in the sport and develop a positive relationship with an active lifestyle. Off-water tasks will include logistical planning required to grow the LRC to the next stages of its development.
• Coach Learn to Row and Recreational programs
• Organize and coordinate practice schedules and equipment allocation between different programs
• Work with the head coach and local schools to plan, organize, and facilitate an introductory rowing program
• Assist in organizing and running a public ‘Try Rowing’ day
• Repair and maintenance of rowing equipment
• Grant writing
• Under the age of 30 is a preference for funds requirements. Older candidates may still apply
• One+ years of athletic coaching experience
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Pleasure craft operators license
• Basic First Aid + CPR
• Completion of the RCA Learn to Row Instructor’s Certification or In Training
• Completion of NCCP coaching training
About Lillooet: Nestled on the edge of the mighty Fraser River on the leeward side of B.C.’s coastal mountains, Lillooet is a beautiful town of approximately 2,300 people, with 5,000 in the immediate area. Surrounded by steep, jagged mountains split by the Fraser River and its nearby tributaries, the small town feel still resembles its original days as the site of one of Canada’s largest gold rushes, over 150 years ago. Lillooet is known for consistently being the hottest place in Canada. Coupled with it’s very dry weather, Lillooet’s climate makes for great summer weather for exploring the many adventures the area has to offer, such as hiking, mountain biking, fishing, and white water rafting. Lillooet is 4 hours from Vancouver, 2 hours from Whistler, and 2.5 hours from Kamloops
*An effort will be made to help secure affordable
This Ad has been viewed 50 times.