Applications are now being accepted for two summer student positions.
Funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program, these two coaching positions will provide summer to early fall employment at Inlet Rowing Club to support the many programs at the club. You will typically be working independently on assigned tasks at IRC and in the community of Port Moody. The successful candidates will also have the opportunity to continue coaching with Inlet Rowing Club beyond the summer.
• Operate the safety boat and Instruct the recreational rowers in a fun and social environment
• Support and/or instruct Learn to Row programs
• Assist in the maintenance of the club equipment
• Assist with promotional events and administrative tasks of the club
• Relay knowledge to the athletes with a sense of excitement and passion
• Ensure athletes adhere to all IRC safety guidelines on and off the water
• Work with the Executive to ensure programs are running efficiently
• Between 15 – 30 years old Canadian citizen/permanent resident
• Valid Social Insurance Number and legally entitled to work in Canada
• Pleasure Craft Operators Card
• Standard First Aid an asset
• Strong organizational, communication and time management skills
• Previous rowing experience
• Previous safety boat driving and/or coaching experience is an asset.
• May 2021 – September or October 2021. Official start date will be confirmed with successful candidates
• Approximately 20-30 hours per week (hours are flexible throughout the course of the week and dependent on program times). We are currently allotted 300 hours for each position; candidates are asked to provide preferred hours allotment per week (such as 11 weeks x 30 hours or 16.5 weeks x 20 hours).
• Email expression of interest, CV/resume, and availability to email@example.com by Wednesday May 5, 2021