VCRC is looking for Summer Camp Coaches!
There are 5 positions available:
1) Youth Intro to Rowing Lead Coach
2) Youth Intro to Rowing Assistant Coach
3) Youth Summer Camp Lead Coach
4) Youth Summer Camp Assistant Coach
5) Youth Summer Coach and Equipment Leader
General Responsibilities and Duties:
• Coach the VCRC Youth Summer Camps and Intro to Rowing Camps.
• Supervise volunteer and shadow coaches working with them.
• Work with the VCRC Youth Summer Camp Supervisor to structure and plan the Youth Summer Camps.
• Assist the VCRC Youth Summer Camp Supervisor (e.g., collecting fees and registration forms, maintaining up-to-date database of participants)
• Work with the VCRC Youth Summer Camp Supervisor to gather and collate participant and coach feedback and complete end-of-season program reviews.
• Do other work involved in the operation of the boathouse and programs, as necessary.
• Must be able to commit to the program term in its entirety.
• Must attend coach orientation, training, and safety session prior to the program (12 hours).
• Must work on personal development by identifying areas to improve over the summer.
• Must attend scheduled reflection and mentor sessions as agreed on with the VCRC youth summer camp supervisor (1 hour/week).
Term of employment: June 26th-September 3rd, 2021 (no camp the week of August 2-6). Camps begin June 28th, June 22-27 will be used as coach orientation and safety training.
• NCCP LTR Instructor or equivalent
• Following NCCP Courses
- NCCP Coach Initiative in Sport
- RCA Rowing Essentials
- Make Ethical Decisions (MED) Module
• Pleasure Boat Operators license (“Boat Pro”) or equivalent
• Standard First Aid with CPR-C
• Experience coaching and working with youth (ages 11-18 years)
Visit our website for full job descriptions and other opportunities!