Support the 2017 RCA National Rowing Championships and Canada Cup Regattas
The Athlete Awards Banquet will be returning to the Hilton Metrotown, in Burnaby after the conclusion of the NRCs on Saturday, November 11. This will include the NRC medal presentation ceremonies and a dinner.
NRC Medal Presentations: 5pm – 6pm
Reception: 6pm – 7pm
Banquet: 7pm – 9pm
Location: 6083 McKay Ave., Burnaby BC V5H 2W7, Crystal Ballroom, Hilton Vancouver Metrotown
Dress Code: Cocktail
One of the best ways you can support the National Rowing Championships is to donate a table to our athletes. Your gift will help us provide many athletes with a meal at our Athlete Banquet – and as we all know, well-fed rowers are happy rowers!
If you are a rower, crew or business that is looking for an extra-special way to give back to rowers, then please consider helping us by supporting a table at the banquet. You know the athletes will appreciate your support.
We expect approximately 400 individuals to attend the Athlete Awards Banquet that will take place on the Saturday after NRC racing. The attendees will be athletes, coaches and volunteers from all over Canada and many local supporters from British Columbia.
Thanks to 69 donors, we have supported 28 athlete tables in recognition of the following:
That’s $14000, 70% of our goal!
- Laurel and Stephen Glanfield
- Rowing BC Board of Directors
- Hudson Boatworks
- 1867 Paris Crew (Robert Fulton, Samuel Hutton, George Price, Elijah Ross)
- 1968 Canadian Olympic Men’s 8+ (Daryl McDonald, Clay Brown, Rich Symsyk, John McIntyre, Rick Crooker, John Richardson, John Ross, Niel Campbell, Joel Finlay)
1970 World Rowing Championships Canadian Men’s 8+ in honour of Bob Advent (Benj Clark, Bob Advent, Rod Bell-Irving, Bryan McKibbon, Doug McKegny, Ian Gordon, Karel Jonker, Ed Smith, Cox Mike Conway, Coach Peter Klavern) – Bob Advent rowed in the 1969 Canada Games, the 1970 World Championships, and the 1971 Pan Am Games and is fondly remembered by his fellow rowers for his unvarying dedication, congeniality and good humour.
1972 Canadian Olympic Men’s 4- (Don Curphey, Greg Rokosh, Karel Jonker, Ian Gordon)
1976 Canadian Olympic Women’s 8+ (Carol Eastmore (Love), Rhonda Ross, Nancy Higgins, Mazina Delure, Susan Antoft, Wendy Pullan, Christine Neuland, Gail Cort, Illoana Smith)
- 1976 Canadian Olympic Men’s 4- (Brian Dick, Ian Gordon, Philip Monckton, Andrew van Ruyven)
- 1978 UBC/VRC Men’s 8+ (Peter Jackson, David Orr, Fred Withers, John Richardson, Robin Catherall, Marius Felix, David Dunnison, David Wilkinson, Morris Hutchins)
- 1978 Canadian World Championships Women’s 8+ (Joy Fera, Christine Neuland, Gail Cort, Monika Draeger, Kelly Jacklin, Kim Gordon, Dolores Young, Tricia Smith, Trudy Flynn)
- 1979 PanAm Games UBC/VRC Men’s 8+ (John Richardson, Fred Withers, Marius Felix, Rob Hartvikson, David Wilkinson, Robin Catherall, David Orr, Greg Hood, Mike Conway)
- 1978 UBC/VRC Men’s 8+ and 1979 PanAm Games UBC/VRC Men’s 8+ have supported two additional tables with the help of John Cordonier, Cedric Burgers, John Bodnar, Jack Nelson, John Gjervan and Al Morrow
- 1984 Canadian Olympic Men’s 8+ (Blair Horn, Dean Crawford, Michael Evans, Paul Steele, Grant Main, Mark Evans, Kevin Neufeld, Pat Turner, Brian McMahon)
- 2008 Canadian Olympic Men’s 8+ (Kevin Light, Ben Rutledge, Andrew Byrnes, Jake Wetzel, Malcolm Howard, Dominic Seiterle, Adam Kreek, Kyle Hamilton, Brian Price)
- Friends of Rowing (6 tables)
- Tom Hawker
- Delta Periodontal Group (2 tables)
- George Hungerford
- Andrew Hungerford
Our Goal: to fund 37 tables.
We have designed this opportunity to be as flexible as possible to enable all levels of donors from across Canada to be part of the event. If you and your crew want to support a table together, we can arrange to divide up the $500 donation/table goal amongst individuals.
To support this event, simply follow the donation button above. Donations will be processed through PayPal’s secure online system. To support an entire table, choose $500. To contribute to part of a table, enter your desired donation amount. As you proceed through the transaction, a comment box will become available that will allow you to indicate who else will be contributing towards this table and if you prefer for your donation to remain anonymous. Payment by cheque is also available. Contact Jennifer Fitzpatrick for additional details.
Is my gift eligible for a charitable tax receipt?
Yes. Tax receipts will be provided for all donations over $20. Your tax receipt will be processed by the National Sport Trust Fund in January of each year (ie. If you donated in October 2017, you will receive your tax receipt January 2018).
Is it possible to pay by cheque?
Yes. Contact Jennifer Fitzpatrick for specific instructions.
We are happy to recognize your donation in the following ways:
- On Supporters Board and Table Centrepiece
- Online and in-person mentions and Thank You
- Recognition and Thank You in RCA and Rowing BC Annual Report
- Recognition and Thank You in Final Event Report
My organization would prefer to be a sponsor instead of a donor so we can have an enhanced presence at the event. Is this possible?
Yes. You will not be eligible for a tax receipt. Many potential sponsorship opportunities are available related to this event. To discuss sponsorship opportunities, contact Jennifer Fitzpatrick.
I would like to attend the Athlete Awards Banquet. How can I get a ticket?
Ticket sales will begin on October 25th. Tickets are $100 per seat plus processing fees. Sign up here to receive advanced notice of ticket release and purchase information.
I’ve made my donation – how else can I help?
- We are still looking for volunteers! Find out more here.
- One of the most effective ways you can help is by sharing this page with others in the community who might be interested in donating!
Is there anything else I should know about my donation?
To be a donor, you must agree to the following:
I am voluntarily and unconditionally donating the sum of $XXXX to the National Sport Trust Fund administered by the Canadian Council of Provincial & Territorial Sport Federations Inc. (CCP&TSF), to benefit the development of amateur sport in Canada on a nation‐wide basis. I understand that the CCP&TSF can direct my donation to an amateur sport cause of their choice; however, my preference is that my gift be used to support the following cause: 2017 National Rowing Championships and Canada Cup Regatta Athlete Banquet.