Inclusivity is one of Rowing BC’s four foundational values. Underpinning Rowing BC’s Strategic Pillar “To support a healthy athlete-centred rowing system” is the belief that female coaches are essential to a vibrant and effective sport system, and that they are particularly important as visible role models for girls and young women.
Rowing BC is committed to bringing change to the current state that only 25% of coaches in Canada are female.
In 2019 there will be series of workshops in BC to map the current landscape for female coaches, and find solutions to ensuring that gender equity at all levels becomes a reality in our rowing community.
- viaSport Inclusion of Women and Girls in Sport
- CAAWS Female Coach Mentorship Project
- Canada Games Female Coach Apprenticeship Program
- Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women and Sport (CAAWS)
- Canadian University Female Coach Mentorship Program