- This event has passed.
National Come Try Rowing Day
May 28, 2022
For the second year in a row, National Come Try Rowing Day will be delivered through a collaborative effort from clubs, PRAs and RCA, and an official call for expressions of interest will be sent to member clubs shortly.
RCA and PRAs will assist member clubs with delivering a Come Try Rowing event on this date through the following:
- Covering the insurance costs of delivering a Come Try event ($75/event) on National Come Try Rowing Day
- Creating digital promotional materials for advertisement and providing administrative and design support to tailor promotional materials specific to local events
- Providing support to member clubs for the refinement of local marketing plans that complement the national marketing plan
- Providing event delivery support for developing clubs
Participating clubs will deliver 1-2 Come Try events on Saturday May 28, 2022 (and/or Sunday May 29, 2022) under the following guidelines and expectations:
- 2-3 hours in duration
- Led/supported by experienced coaches
- Free for participants
- Designed with the primary goal of creating an enjoyable first on-water rowing experience
- Information provided to participants prior to the end of the event on how to join upcoming learn to row/new to rowing programs
- Club would be responsible for leading local marketing/outreach efforts with materials provided by RCA
- Adhere to local, regional, and provincial COVID-19 restrictions
Saturday June 11, 2022 (and Sunday June 12, 2022) will be held as the “rain date” for if clubs are unable to hold their Come Try session due to inclement weather.
Upcoming Grant Opportunities
Clubs are encouraged to apply for the ParticipACTION Community Better Challenge (deadline: February 21) and the JumpStart Community Development Grants (applications open: February 14), which can be used to support additional Come Try events.