The Canada Games is a multi-sport and cultural event that brings together the best athletes from each Canadian province and territory. The Games provide the stimulus for Canadian youth to reach their athletic potential, pursue personal excellence and develop socially and culturally within the context of ethical competition.
2022 Canada Summer Games General Information:
- Canada Summer Games Dates: August 6th-21st, 2022
- Rowing Event Dates: August 15th-21st, 2022
- Games Location: Royal Henley Rowing Course – St. Catharines
- Age: Under 22 as of December 31, 2022
- Athlete Eligibility: Athlete eligibility information is HERE.
- Team BC Selection Criteria: Read the selection criteria HERE.
- Expression of Interest: Complete your expression of interest HERE before April 30, 2022.
- More Information: 2021 Canada Summer Games Website
The Canada Summer Games (CSG) is Canada’s largest youth focused multi-sport event that provides competition opportunities for developing athletes. The 2022 CSG will be held in Niagara, Ontario, with the rowing portion being hosted in St Catharines, Ontario. The team size is a maximum of 12 female athletes and 12 male athletes, plus 2 coxswains, all born in 2001 or later. Section 2.1 of the CSG Technical Package follows the Rowing Canada Aviron (RCA) Rules of Racing by stating that “a female crew may be coxed by either a female or a male and a male crew may be coxed by either a female or male.”
Preparation for the 2022 Canada Summer Games begins now!
Team BC Staff
- Manager – Julie Stevens (Delta Deas Rowing Club)
- Assistant Manager – Izzy Edey (Victoria City Rowing Club)
- Coach/Boatperson – Katie Steenman (Victoria City Rowing Club)
- Women’s Coach – Stacy Mitchell (Salt Spring Island Rowing Club)
- Men’s Coach – Rob Richards (Rowing BC)
Athletes – Call for Expressions of Interest
Interested athletes must complete an Expression of Interest in order to be included in necessary next steps and communications.
Complete the Expression of Interest form HERE before April 30, 2022.