The Canada Games is a multi-sport and cultural event that brings together the best athletes from each Canadian province and territory. The Games provide the stimulus for Canadian youth to reach their athletic potential, pursue personal excellence and develop socially and culturally within the context of ethical competition.
2022 Canada Summer Games General Information:
- Canada Summer Games Dates: August 6th-21st, 2022
- Rowing Event Dates: August 15th-21st, 2022
- Games Location: Royal Henley Rowing Course – St. Catharines
- Age: Under 22 as of December 31, 2022
- Athlete Eligibility: Athlete eligibility information is here
- More Information: 2021 Canada Summer Games Website
The Canada Summer Games (CSG) is Canada’s largest youth focused multi-sport event that provides competition opportunities for developing athletes. The 2022 CSG will be held in Niagara, Ontario, with the rowing portion being hosted in St Catharines, Ontario. The team size is a maximum of 12 female athletes and 12 male athletes, plus 2 coxswains, all born in 2001 or later. Section 2.1 of the CSG Technical Package follows the Rowing Canada Aviron (RCA) Rules of Racing by stating that “a female crew may be coxed by either a female or a male and a male crew may be coxed by either a female or male.”
Preparation for the 2022 Canada Summer Games begins now!
Team BC Staff – Call for Applications
Rowing BC is accepting expressions of interest for the five Team BC Staff positions (two Team Coaches, One Team Manager, one Team Boat Person, one Team Trailer Driver) until 5 PM on Friday, September 25, 2021.
Read the full position descriptions and information about the application process HERE.
Athletes – Call for Expressions of Interest
The preparations for the Canada Summer Games begin early. In Fall 2021, Rowing BC is seeking to develop a long list of potential Canada Summer Games eligible athletes. The long list will enable Rowing BC to achieve the following:
- Provide access to potential Team BC athletes to the CSI benefits program.
- Provide direct communication to athletes and their coaches.
- Track targeted athletes’ performances in the lead up to the May 2022 selection regatta.
- Provide coaching support to those in need.
- Provide enhanced team training opportunities.
Any out-of-province athlete attending a BC-based university and is wishing to compete for Team BC is encouraged to apply.
Selection to the Canada Summer Games long list doesn’t indicate and/or guarantee final selection into Team BC.
Read the full selection document HERE.
Complete the Expression of Interest form HERE before October 20, 2021.