CAMP: Masters Development Camp (Vernon)
June 18, 2023
Masters Development Camp (Vernon)
Plan a full weekend in Vernon by attending the Lap the Lake Regatta on Saturday, June 17th, followed by attending this Rowing BC Masters Development Camp on Sunday, June 18th at the same location!
This camp is intended for Masters athletes from across BC who are looking for additional chances to be coached by experienced coaches from outside of their home training environment, and to learn from others Masters while training alongside them. The camp is being run to support and enhance training opportunities available, especially to athletes based in the Interior. In addition, it creates an opportunity for local coaches to be mentored by experienced coaches who are regularly based outside of the region.
This camp will be coached by Rowing BC’s Director of Performance, Terry Paul, with additional support from Rowing BC’s Executive Director, Alia Zawacki, and coaches from each of the local rowing organizations with participants in attendance.
This one-day camp is an opportunity to:
- access coaching from mentor coaches outside of the region
- train together with athletes from a variety of other home training environments, building community and learning from one another
- access specialty sessions (in this case, a Strength and Mobility Session) from service providers that may not regularly be available in your home training environment
Where: Vernon Rowing and Dragon Boat Club, Swan Lake, Vernon, BC
- 7:30 – 9:30 AM Strength and Mobility Session with special guest Derek Geldrich (read the full session description HERE)
- 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM First Row – technical session (small boats)
- 12:00-1:00 PM Lunch – participants to bring own lunch or choose something nearby
- 1:00-3:00 PM Second Row – technical session (big boats) with possible fun race against the U23 camp participants
- 3:30 PM Wrap Up and Debrief
Complete your registration and payment ($80 per participant) through EventBrite HERE.
Sign up early to ensure you have a spot!
Participants are required to arrange their own transportation, accommodation and meals. Participants are expected to utilize equipment that their team has already transported to Vernon for the purpose of the Lap the Lake regatta. If your team’s trailer will be unable to stay for the Sunday camp, please reach out so that alternative equipment options for you can be found.
For more information about this camp, contact Rowing BC’s Manager of Membership Services, Sonja Lonne.