- This event has passed.
CAMP: U23 Development Camp (Vernon)
June 18, 2023
U23 Development Camp (Vernon)
Plan a full weekend in Vernon by attending the Lap the Lake Regatta on Saturday, June 17th, followed by attending this Rowing BC U23 Development Camp on Sunday, June 18th at the same location!
This camp is intended for Junior (U15, U17, and U19) and Senior (U21, U23) athletes from across BC who are in the early stages of exploring what it means to be a performance-focused athlete. The camp is being run to support and enhance training opportunities available, especially to athletes based in the Interior. In addition, it creates an opportunity for local coaches to be mentored by experienced coaches who are regularly based outside of the region.
This camp will be coached by Rowing BC’s Director of Performance, Terry Paul, with additional support from Rowing BC’s Summer Staff and coaches from each of the local rowing organizations with participants in attendance.
This one-day camp is an opportunity to:
- access coaching from mentor coaches outside of the region
- train together with athletes from a variety of other home training environments, building community and learning from one another
- access specialty sessions (in this case, a Functional Movement Screen) from service providers that may not regularly be available in your home training environment
- try out and race an octet!
Where: Vernon Rowing and Dragon Boat Club, Swan Lake, Vernon, BC
- 7:30 – 9:30 AM First Row – technical session
- 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Dryland Session – Introduction to a Functional Movement Screen with special guest Derek Geldrich of Gravity Physiotherapy (read the full session description HERE)
- 12:00-1:00 PM Lunch – participants to bring own lunch or choose something nearby
- 1:00-3:00 PM Second Row – octet session!
- 3:30 PM Wrap Up and Debrief
Complete your registration and payment ($80 per participant) through EventBrite HERE.
Sign up early to ensure you have a spot!
Participants are required to arrange their own transportation, accommodation and meals. Participants are expected to utilize equipment that their team has already transported to Vernon for the purpose of the Lap the Lake regatta. If your team’s trailer will be unable to stay for the Sunday camp, please reach out so that alternative equipment options for you can be found.
For more information about this camp, contact Rowing BC’s Manager of Membership Services, Sonja Lonne.