New Regattas in 2019 There are two new regattas happening in British Columbia in 2019.…
Rowing British Columbia is looking forward to hosting the annual RCA National Rowing Championships and the RCA Canada Cup regatta (NRC-CC) for the first time at Burnaby Lake. The regatta will be spread across four days and will host the top rowers from across the country. Our main goal is to provide the best experience for these athletes, and we need YOU to help make that possible. If you are interested in getting involved in the rowing community, building on volunteer hours, or watching some exciting racing, then you are in the right place!
Please consider helping this year in any of the following positions:
- On-site: parking attendee, weigh-in, dock marshal, concession
- Commission Tent: ID check, equipment check
- Start Line: stake boat holder, start line timers
- Split Recording: manual timers, scribe
- Finish Line: manual timers, scribe, horn & flag persons, results runner
- Boat Driving: safety boat driver, chase boat driver, shuttle boat driver
You can be involved anywhere from 2.5 hours to 20 hours over the course of the regatta. It is completely up to you! If you have a PCOC card, you are in very high demand, and we would like to hear from you soon.
Snacks and drinks will be available to all volunteers, in addition to lunches for those signed up for 4+ hours or 2+ shifts. All volunteers will also receive NRC-CC swag in appreciation for your hard work as well as discounted banquet tickets on a first-come, first-serve basis.