Rowing BC delivers on our mandate through the work of a Board of Directors, Staff, Committees and support from the BC rowing community. Rowing BC has made significant progress on our 2014-2017 Strategic Plan, and is currently finalizing the 2018-2021 Strategic Plan.
The organizational structure of Rowing BC is found online. Rowing BC’s organizational structure defines governance to be overseen by the Board, management overseen by the Executive Director and operations overseen by Staff and Committees. As a governing board, Directors are responsible for establishing strategic priorities and policy for Rowing BC.
Rowing BC is searching for 6 individuals to fill the volunteer roles of 1 Treasurer and 5 Directors at Large, to be elected at the Rowing BC AGM, November 18th, 2017. These positions are for two
We are currently searching for individuals who can contribute to the organization with their developed skills in one or more areas such as:
- Financial Management and Oversight
- Fund Development
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Strategic Communications and Marketing
- Event Engagement
- A passion for rowing and current or recent involvement in the rowing community.
- Experience working with volunteer driven organizations and/or non-profit Boards; experience in Board Executive positions is desirable.
- Experience working with sport clubs or regional associations, provincial/territorial associations, multisport associations (development and high performance). This includes all sport experience, and is not restricted to rowing.
- The ability to commit ~10-12 hours/month.
Role Descriptions for the Treasurer and Director
–at –Large can be found online.
All interested candidates must prepare a cover letter and resume outlining their skills and experience related to the position. Both should be submitted with an Expression of Interest to Herb Evers, Chair of the Nominating Committee, by 5pm on Monday, September 11th, 2017.
Please share this Call for Expressions of Interest with anyone who might be interested in the Rowing BC Board of Directors.