CAMP: Junior Development Camp (Nelson)
July 16, 2023
Junior Development Camp (Nelson)
Plan a full weekend in Nelson by attending the Nelson Sprints Regatta on Saturday, July 15th, followed by attending this Rowing BC Junior Development Camp on Sunday, July 16th at the same location!
This camp is intended for Junior (U15, U17, and U19) athletes from across BC who are in the early stages of exploring what it means to be a performance-focused athlete. The camp is being run to support and enhance training opportunities available, especially to athletes based in the Interior. In addition, it creates an opportunity for local coaches to be mentored by experienced coaches who are regularly based outside of the region.
This camp will be coached by Rowing BC’s Director of Performance, Terry Paul, with additional support from coaches from each of the local rowing organizations with participants in attendance.
This one-day camp is an opportunity to:
- access coaching from mentor coaches outside of the region
- train together with athletes from a variety of other home training environments, building community and learning from one another
- access specialty sessions (in this case, a Nutrition Session or Sport Psychology Session) from service providers that may not regularly be available in your home training environment
Where: Nelson Rowing Club, Nelson, BC
- 7:30 – 9:30 AM First Row
- 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Dryland Session – Nutrition Session or Sport Psychology Session with special guest TBA!
- 12:00-1:00 PM Lunch – participants to bring own lunch or choose something nearby
- 1:00-3:00 PM Second Row
- 3:30 PM Wrap Up and Debrief
Complete your registration and payment ($80 per participant) through EventBrite HERE.
Registration closes on June 16th – sign up early to ensure you have a spot!
Participants are required to arrange their own transportation, accommodation and meals. Participants are expected to utilize equipment that their team has already transported to Nelson for the purpose of the Nelson Sprints Regatta. If your team’s trailer will be unable to stay for the Sunday camp, please reach out so that alternative equipment options for you can be found.
For more information about this camp, contact Rowing BC’s Manager of Membership Services, Sonja Lonne.