Rowing BC Annual Awards
Rowing BC gives out annual awards in the following categories:
- Outstanding Volunteer – each Rowing BC member organization can submit up to 3 names to each receive an Outstanding Volunteer award each year
- High Performance Coach of the Year – determined by the Rowing BC Awards and Recognition Committee with input from the Rowing BC Provincial Coach
- Athlete of the Year – determined by the Rowing BC Awards and Recognition Committee with input from the Rowing BC Provincial Coach
- Learn to Row Coach of the Year – awarded based on nominations from Rowing BC member organizations
- Umpire of the Year – determined by the Rowing BC Awards and Recognition Committee with input from the Rowing BC Umpire Committee
Rowing BC Member Organizations are encouraged to submit nominations for the Outstanding Volunteer of the Year Award and Learn to Row Coach of the Year Award anytime between September 1 – November 9, 2020.
Nominations should be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org including the name and a short rationale for each nomination. For more information, contact Rowing BC Manager of Member Services, Sonja Lonne.
External Awards and Recognition
The Rowing BC Awards and Recognition Committee has put together a database of external awards that members of the rowing community may be eligible for. These lists are by no means exhaustive and additional awards may be available. If you know of any relevant awards that are not currently listed, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. Rowing BC will be nominating individuals for some external awards (listed below), but clubs, organizations and individuals should be aware of which awards they should be applying for on behalf of individuals they think are deserving of recognition.